All Secure Self Storage is proud to announce our New Insurance Policy for Customers
ARE YOUR GOODS INSURED?
Why you need to take out insurance whilst your goods are in Storage. Your possessions are valuable enough to store, so why would you not insure them against the unforeseen? Whilst the facility does everything possible to ensure your goods are safe and secure, there are some things that cannot be guaranteed to protect you against, such as fire and flood. Note: The self storage facilities’ insurance, does not cover your units contents.
According to Insurancerevenue.com, the majority of home & contents insurance policies either, don’t cover your valuables in storage, or if they do offer cover, this is on very restricted terms, provided you have remembered to advise them prior to moving into your self storage.
As a solution to this, All Secure Self Storage has partnered with Wallace McLean Ltd Insurance Brokers and specialist in Self Storage Insurance, and we have developed a tailor made insurance policy, to meet your self storage insurance needs.
Customer Insurance – Revised Policy Offering
Wallace McLean Ltd has developed a brand new Customer Insurance Policy including Transit Insurance options.
Major Policy Benefits / Changes
|Benefit / Change||Existing Product||New Offering|
|Maximum Sum Insured any one Unit||$60,000||$75,000|
|Policy Excess (Standard)||$500||$250|
|Policy Excess (Natural Disaster)||$2,500||$2,500|
|Gradual Damage Limit||No Cover||$10,000|
|Mould, Moth, Insect, Vermin Damage||No Cover||$5,000|
|Transit Insurance option||No Cover||To match the value of goods insured in storage.|
There is no change to the existing cost of insurance with the exception of transit insurance, as this is an optional add on to your policy.
Transit Insurance – The Transit Insurance Options are optional add on to your Policy and are included on the Certificate. You will need to tick which option you want, either option A or option B and specify the Sum Insured.
The 2 options of cover are:
- Option A: Premier; An All Risk based cover. Not for Owner packed / transported goods
- Option B: Basic Cover; Defined Perils cover to be used for Owner packed / transported goods
- Transit Insurance is only available when you have elected the Self Storage Insurance option.
What happens to your existing Customer Insurance policy?
There is no disadvantage to your current customer policy coverage. The new policy will take over from your existing Customers Insurance Policy with All Secure Self Storage.
WHAT YOU ARE INSURED FOR
Whilst in Storage:
Your insurance covers loss or damage to insured property for the following specified events: (Policy Sub limits may apply)
- Fire, explosion or lightning;
- Storm and/or flood and/or water damage caused by broken or burst pipes;
- Impact by motor vehicles, or animals, or aircraft and other aerial devices and articles dropped therefrom;
- Burglary from a securely locked building or self storage unit;
- Theft of motor vehicles and/or trailers and/or watercraft less than 9 metres in length whilst stored in the open yard of the storage facility;
- Earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption or hydro-thermal activity.
- Gradual Damage (New additions to Coverage)
- Damage as a result of Moth, Insect or Vermin Damage (New additions to Coverage)
NOTE: Any loss or damage that is not caused by one of these specified events is not covered under this insurance.
WHAT YOU ARE NOT INSURED FOR
Not all property is covered by this insurance. In addition to other exclusions in the Master Policy, the following property is specifically excluded:
- Any flammable liquid or gas;
- Any property prohibited by the conditions of the hire agreement;
- Any corrosive chemical or nitrate;
- Tobacco or cigarettes;
- Wine, beer or other alcohol if the total value exceeds NZD $5,000;
- Tyres in bulk (where the value exceeds NZD $1,000);
- Perishable goods;
- Money, coin and/or stamp collections, deeds, securities or other negotiable instruments;
- Jewellery, watches or furs;
- Property that is not contained in a securely locked self storage unit, other than motor vehicles and/or trailers and/or watercraft less than nine (9) metres in length stored in the open but within the storage facility perimeter;
- Theft of motor vehicle, trailer or watercraft accessories unless the entire motor vehicle, trailer or watercraft has been stolen;
- Artworks, curios and paintings if the total value exceeds NZD $5,000
- Photographic equipment, video and/or audio equipment, computers or any other electronic equipment if the total value exceeds NZD $5,000